strayer CIS 498 Week 2 Project Deliverable 1 Project Plan Inception updated
To purchase this material click below link
For more classes visit
CIS 498 Week 2 Project Deliverable 1 Project Plan Inception
Project Deliverable 1: Project Plan Inception
Due Week 2 and worth 50 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a project introduction and a Gantt chart or project plan.You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
You have been made the Chief Information Officer and Chief Technology Officer (CIO / CTO) of an innovative e-Commerce start-up company that a venture capital group has funded. The CEO has given you sixty (60) days to deliver an information technology project plan in anticipation of the company locating to a updated facility. Since this is a start-up company, there is currently no building or technology infrastructure to support the business. All information technology (hardware and software) must be implemented in either a hosted solution, on-site solution or a hybrid model. The CEO is expecting you to integrate different technologies from different partners and incorporate industry best practices in connection with the development of technological systems. The updated facility is a two-story stand-alone building. The company currently consists of ten (10) employees with revenues of $5 million but is expected to grow to thirty (30) employees with revenue of $30 million over the next two (2) years.
Section 1: Project Introduction
1. Write a two to four (2-4) page project introduction that includes the following:
1. Background information of the company.
2. The type of business in which the company is involved.
3. A description of the information systems that the company should have to support the business. The description should include the following:
2. systems analysis
2. computer infrastructure
3. human computer interaction
• Web design
1. The use of at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Section 2: Gantt Chart / Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project or an open source alternative, such as Open Project, to:
1. Create a Gantt chart or project plan (summary and detailed) template. The Gantt chart or project plan should:
1. Record all tasks, subtasks, resources, and time related to the project.
2. Outline the planning, analysis, design, and implementation phases.
3. Develop in accordance with the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the various integrative functions and processes within the information systems area, including databases, systems analysis, security, networking, computer infrastructure, human computer interaction, and Web design.
• Demonstrate the ability to evaluate organizational issues with integrative technological solutions.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology.
• Write clearly and concisely about strategic issues and practices in the information technology domain using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.