BUS 668 Week 5 Final Paper updated
(1) Articulate whether an export business would prefer a rising or declining exchange rate for their domestic currency.
(2) Explain the effects of a fluctuating dollar with respect to a European tourist visiting the Grand Canyon.
(3) Explain the method that the Federal Reserve System (the Fed) uses most often to expand or contract the money supply.
(4) Differentiate among the following: a stock option price, strike price, put options, and call options.
(5) Assess the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing stock options versus purchasing the stocks themselves.
(6) Articulate the functions that mutual funds have with respect to equity investing.
(7) Differentiate among the discount rate, prime rate, and the subprime rates of interest in terms of function and purpose.
(8) Explain the difference between the Fed targeting the interest rate versus the inflation rate using current monetary policy as an example.
(9) Illustrate monetarist theory using former Fed Chairman Volker’s policy approach to controlling inflation.
(10) Compare the effect of changing interest rates on treasury bills versus medium-term corporate bonds.
(11)Compare the characteristics of financial assets that typically serve as a safe haven during periods of market uncertainty with those of common stock