UOP AJS 524 Week 4 Quiz updated
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
For more classes visit
According to Jean Baudrillard, technology and cyberspace help to construct an entirely updated electronic social environment called:
2. The U.S. Department of Justice does not consider cyber doctors who use online questionnaires to be legitimate.
3. Which of the following rule states, “To prove the content of a writing, recording, or photograph, the ‘original’ writing, recording, or photograph is ordinarily required”?
• Hearsay rule
• Best evidence rule
• Authentication rule
• Exclusionary rule
4. According to Taylor, Fritsch, Liederbach and Holt, the single largest threat to an organization and its information security is from:
• the failure to keep operating systems updated.
5. Which rule or doctrine states, “Digital investigators should only collect hardware ‘for which they can articulate an independent basis for search or seizure’ (i.e. the component itself is contraband, an instrumentality, or evidence)”?
• Best evidence doctrine
• Articulation rule
• Independent component doctrine
• Exclusionary rule
6. The World Wide Web is a collection of hyperlinked pages of information distributed over the Internet through a network protocol called:
• internet service provider.
• router packets.
• TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol).
• hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP).
7. In 1995, what country’s copyright law violations, including software, videotaped entertainment, and music piracy, led the United States to announce that it would place a 100% tariff on all products entering the United States unless action was taken to eliminate the violations.
8. When any two objects come in contact, there is a cross-transfer. This statement is best known by which of the following names?
• Locard’s exchange principle
• Locard’s evidence principle
• Digital exchange principle
• Digital evidence principle
9. In describing how Nigerian con artists are able to elicit desired behaviors in their victims by blocking the normal inhibitors to con games, authors King and Thomas introduce which of the following theories?
• Social control theory (SCT)
• Affect control theory (ACT)
• Hyperemotion control theory (HCT)
• Perceptual control theory (PCT)
10. Federal law permits purchasing controlled substances online.
11. According to Taylor, Fritsch, Liederbach and Holt, risk analysis will always be:
• an art informed by science.
• a proactive approach to identify offenders.
• an analytical way to examine networks.
• the best method of preventing cybercrime.
12. According to Stroik and Huang an online solicitation of sensitive personal information through the impersonation of another legitimate entity is:
• identity theft.
13. Which of the following laws requires telecommunications companies to modify the design of their equipment, facilities, and services to ensure that lawfully authorized electronic surveillance can actually be performed by law enforcement personnel?
• Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
• Economic Espionage Act
• Communication Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA)
• Copyright Act
14. Which one of the following items is most closely associated with hardware in a computer central processing unit?
• Operating system
• Integrated circuit
15. Digital evidence can sometimes help to show intent or alibi.
16. The process of identifying weaknesses that could be exploited by computer intruders is known as:
• computer exploitation assessment.
• network vulnerability assessment.
• weakness exploitation review.
• project intruder identification.
17. Regarding the burden of proof standards in the USA PATRIOT Act, which of the following procedural burdens applies to a Title III interception order?
• Probable cause standard with explicit minimization and reporting
• Specific and articulable facts showing reasonable grounds to believe that the records are relevant and material to an ongoing criminal investigation
• Probable cause standard
• Relevant to a criminal investigation
18. Which one of the following best defines a Trojan Horse?
• Keyboard combination that forces a soft-boot or jump to ROM monitor. In many microcomputers, the combination is Ctrl-Alt-Del; sometimes called the “three-finger salute.”
• Malicious, security-breaking program designed to appear benign. These programs effectively hide something quite dangerous.
• A security weakness deliberately left within a program or software that enables unauthorized access.
• Non-secure socket layers within a Linux operating system.
19. When considering the many sources of digital evidence, it is useful to categorize computer systems into three groups. Which answer best describes the three groups discussed in the Casey text?
• Open computer systems, closed computer systems, embedded computer systems
• Fixed computer systems, laptop systems, desktop systems
• Fixed computer systems, communications systems, mobile systems
• Open computer systems, communication systems, embedded computer systems
20. According to Casey and Palmer, the goal of any investigation is to:
• collect evidence and apprehend the offender.
• examine facts and present them to prosecutors.
• gather information and organize it in a rational manner.
• uncover and present the truth.
21. Depending on the circumstances of a crime, hardware and/or information could be contraband, evidence, or an instrumentality.
22. It is important to understand that the motivation behind search and seizure law is not to protect criminals, but to:
• enforce the laws of each state.
• protect the right to remain silent.
• enforce a reasonable person’s expectation of privacy.
• protect citizens from criminals.
23. A preliminary investigative report that reviews the initial physical evidence of crime related behavior, victimology, and crime scene characteristics for an unsolved crime, or a series of potentially related unsolved crimes, for the purpose of providing immediate investigative direction, is known as which of the following?
• Threshold analysis
• Threshold assessment
• Evidence assessment
• Evidence analysis
24. Which of the following provides a methodology for gaining a better understanding of a crime and then focusing on an investigation?
• Investigative reconstruction
• Evidence assessment
• Packet analysis
• Packet reconstruction
25. Wall suggested an “elimination test” to define differing forms of cybercrimes. Using his test, he concluded that there are three types of cybercrimes. The three types are:
• property crimes, civil crimes, hybrid crimes.
• traditional crimes, financial crimes, standard crimes.
• traditional crimes, hybrid crimes, true cybercrimes.
• person crimes, statutory crimes, true cybercrimes.